Who are we?
School governors are volunteers who come from all walks of life, offering their experience and expertise and sit on the governing body as parent, staff, community or local authority governors.
The governing body is part of the leadership and management of the schools and acts as a ‘critical friend’, offering support, advice and guidance. The governing body works with the schools to raise standards, to set the budget and oversee the curriculum.
To see the Governors’ register of business interests please click here.
What do we do?
We fulfil our role as a ‘critical friend’ by:-
- Analysing data regarding performance and comparing it with past performance , national averages and ‘similar schools’
- Being part of both schools self evaluation process
- Identifying priorities for both schools
- Discussing and approving targets and timescales
- Monitoring action plans
- Evaluating progress and achievements
To contact any of the governors please: Tel: 01795 472972 or 01795 425476| Fx: 01795 425107 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about the REAch2 governance structure, please follow this link: http://reach2.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/REAch2-Governance-v03-Sept-2015.pdf
We currently have a vacancy for a Parent governor. If you would like to find out more, please do get in touch with the school.